In Edinburgh, Scotland I worked as the Student Requirement and Marketing Administrator for Heriot-Watt University. Part of my job requirement was thinking up new ways to showcase the Postgraduate Department for the School of Mathematics and Computer Science [MAC].
Producing a minimum of 3 videos on a tight budget and deadline took some planning. Especially given that there were three departments in the University: Computer Science, Mathematics and Actuarial Science. Each department wanted to promote their field of study to postgraduate students, and each department required a different level of involvement.
My duties included but were not limited to:
- Writing and editing scripts
- Researching and hiring a videographer
- Budgeting and funding
- Location scouting
- Contacting available students to appear in the videos
- Negotiating with the different departments to have a cohesive image
- Arranging meetings, date and times for filming dates
- Over seeing filming production
- Making decisions on final cuts and edits of the film