Heriot Watt Promo Videos
In Edinburgh, Scotland I was the Student Requirement and Marketing Administrator for Heriot-Watt University. One of my job requirement was to originate and advance new ways to showcase the Postgraduate Department for the School of Mathematics and Computer Science [MAC].
Producing a minimum of 3 videos on a tight budget and deadline took considerable planning. Especially given that there were three departments in the University: Computer Science, Mathematics and Actuarial Science. Each department wanted to promote their field of study to postgraduate students, and each department required a different level of involvement.
My Project Management duties included but were not limited to:
- Writing and editing scripts.
- Researching and hiring a videographer.
- Budgeting and funding.
- Location scouting.
- Contacting available students to appear in the videos.
- Negotiating with the different departments to have a cohesive image.
- Arranging meetings, date and times for filming dates.
- Over seeing filming production.
- Making decisions on final cuts and edits of the film.
The final result was a series of videos that are still currently in use by Heriot Watt to entice students to complete their Masters and PhD at this highly regarded United Kingdom University.